Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dr. Suess Week!

Happy 105th Birthday, Dr. Suess! This week has been a blast at work! Everyday we had a fun spirit day to go along with different Dr. Suess books. My class and another second grade class made a competition to see who had the most spirit. (Because on average 4 teachers out of close 40 dressed up and a few students from each class. By the end of the week more and more students were fun of spirit.) I took pictures of some of the days and forgot on others.

Monday - Wacky Socks!
No picture: I wore a very professional outfit... black shirt and flowered skirt with knee high snowflake Christmas socks! It worked out perfectly since I hadn't shaved my legs. :)

Tuesday - Red and Green Day!
No picture: The majority of my students participated in this day. It looked like our class was ready to celebrate Christmas in March! I wore a red shirt underneath a green dress. Red and Green totally clash! It was great!

Wednesday - Crazy Hat Day! I had a normal plaid hat and I added a pok a dot flower... It is going to the latest trend!

I love this hat! He had awesome items for each day.



Thursday - Silly glasses! I bought nerd glasses at the dollar store... they were pretty intense! I'm not wearing my glasses because I got a headache in the first hour of school! One of my students had the best glasses- they were thick black glasses with each rim holding a slinky.
On Thursday, my kiddos finally earned ASU Pom Poms! At the ASU vs. uofa game they gave out pom poms... yes I got 30 of them! I have been using them as a bribe. I got observed by my principal and my students were angels! They all earned their pom poms! We are the most Sun Devil spirited class!!!




Friday - Mismatched Day!

No picture :(. I honestly think it took longer to find a mismatch outfit than it would for a regular outfit. I looked stunning! I wore two different colored flip flops, plaid shorts with a pok a dot scarf tied on as a belt, a pink brown flowered top with a bright purple shirt underneath, 2 different necklaces (one st. pattys day and another red), two different earrings, a red bracelet, a gold watch, and my hair ... two pigtails one braided one not. I was pretty attractive! I so wish I had a picture! I loved the reaction from parents and other teachers who were on campus. Talk about people looking you up and down haha.

To top of Dr. Suess week... DRUM ROLL!!!

Our class got a Smart Board! (Interactive whiteboard connected to the computer) It is so AWESOME! We love it! As a class, we spent so much time playing with it this week! Hopefully, the kids learned something on top of figuring out technology. We only get to keep it in our classroom for a few weeks but it is amazing!






2 comments:

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

Looks like you're having so much fun. I miss you tons and your hair is SOO cute!! :-)

Rydgd said...

Fun week! Rydge ate green eggs and ham this week to celebrate...good times!! =)