Friday, March 13, 2009

PINCH Proof!

Second Grade Green Party! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Since I am privileged to have SpRiNg BrEaK next week... YAHOO! We celebrated the Irish holiday today! The students wore green, ate green cupcakes, and had green punch! My students homework was to create and write about a leprechaun trap! We are hoping to catch at least one! :) Check out some of these incredible traps!


Leprechaun Resort... vinyl lettering and all! In the back there is a bench made out of popsicle sticks. Looks enticing!
Heavy duty trap! His dad had to carry it for him! (He might have extra luck - the large can is from the church cannery :))

100% Irish! Her pants were painted "I love Ireland!"

To top of our day, we played kickball with another second grade class! It was a blast! Some kids had no skill and others shocked me with their abilities! This is the only picture I got!
The kids have been counting down the days until they can rest from school! Spring Break is here! Nick and I are off to Utah to see Grandma and Grandpa Lundahl! Leaving the 80 degree weather to go FREEZE!


4 comments:

Brittany said...

You are such a cute, good, little teacher! Hope you had fun in Utah. I was just there and man did I freeze! I totally did not pack appropriately, but atleast I did for Hallie. Miss ya!

Kacie said...

Hey I totally think I went to EFY with your friend Katie. I have pictures too!! Crazy! It looks like your doing great. Who is this guy hanging all over you missy!?

Rydgd said...

You are the mostest funnest teacher EVER!!

The Bunzells said...

Lauren, I didn't know you had a blog!!! I guess i should have asked when you said you had seen mine! So your name sounds really familiar, and my friend marie dillon has you on her blog list (which is how I found you)...so where did you go to high school and when did you graduate?