Friday, January 7, 2011

Years Later...

This blog is going to be retired with a celebration! Here's the fun and not so fun planning steps for those near and dear!

THE ENGAGEMENT!
The simple version - can't add pictures cause I'm using the neighbors internet and the connection is slow.

12/16/2010

Yup, I'm ENGAGED!!!

Daniel and I met at a Softball Night for church! We have had so much fun since then!

Today, he asked me to run errands with him and he took me to the field where we met. He said he played softball yesterday with friends to celebrate finals and forgot his glove.

He got out of the car to find his glove and I stayed in the car cause it was totally raining!!!!

He came back and asked me to help!

I walked to the field and found the table where we had our first conversation, it was decked out for a picnic!!! It was precious!

On the table was his glove.... He asked me to look inside the glove and the ring was there!

He down got on one knee down and asked me to marry him!

I am a LUCKY girl! I LOVE this guy!

Soon to be Mrs. Lauren Smith!

WEDDING So Far...
Mr. Daniel Smith!!!
Mesa Arizona Temple
March 5, 2011
Colors: Charcoal Gray and Buttery Dark Yellow
Several incredible parents!
Tons of fabulous family!
4 Awesome Bridesmaids
4 Cool Groomsmen
And all kinds of other great guests!
Reception in Gilbert at my favorite cousins house!!!
If rain - church building... eek.

The Big White Dress!
-Can't spoil it-
One of these....
http://www.venusbridal.com/bridals/temple-bridal
Its bought - totally at my house!

The wedding dress saga -
First stop, Azteca, cheapest but not a whole lot in stock,
Then June's Bridal... they actually had sleeved dresses...
Hit up Arizona Bridal outrageous prices....
So ready to cry!
Went to Dillard's thinking I might have to find a WHITE PROM dress! EEK!
They had nothing... store at Fiesta Mall is closing!
Final hope... Carrillo's The Wedding Emporium!
We walked in and there were several temple bridal gowns!
I was in shock! I tried on about 15 dresses!!!!
I found 3 I really liked... tried them on over and over and over....
Then decided! I got my dress and I LOVE IT!!!! (Came with a free tux!)
It doesn't need any alterations except for hem and bussell! AMAZING!
I got a veil there too.
Should have known it would be at Carrillo's! Its right by my favorite store Fashion.com the store that is not a website! YEA for Country Club and Southern!!!

ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS!!!
Daniel's dad - Super talented Rick took pictures of us one evening in the rain!!!
He did an amazing job!
I have several favorites! Here is a random one that is so fun! The rest are Daniel's computer.





Videographer!!!
Trellany's Cousin


We spend last Saturday starting to register. Thought that would be fun... not really. Hard when you have two houses! (We keep going back and forth - I think my house is winning today.) Don't even look for the registries, they need to be majorly edited.


Decorations are starting to ROLL!
Tuesday night 1/5/11- My mom went with Daniel and I on a HUNT!

We spent hours at IKEA
Get ready for some of these -

Gotta love IKEA!

We hit up Costco and got some basics!
Cups, Silverware and such.


1/5/11 Wednesday
Quickly checked out a Dillards and Downeast Basics
Daniela and I met with a fun photographer (Still didn't decide)

1/6/11 Thursday
Dillards & Macy's for bridesmaid dresses - no luck
Hobby Lobby - Grabbed some Charcoal and Dark Yellow items

Friday 1/7/11
The Bridesmaids Dress (Downeast)


Rehearsal dinner dress (Downeast)


It's BLACK but easier to see in this picture



Still to FIGURE OUT!


Finalizing a million things including:

photographer

DJ

Flower Girls Dresses - I love some of the dresses on this site.


Food (Riga Tony's is my goal!)


Flavored Lemonades - Have any recipes?!

Invitations - finally showing progress... Hard to figure out wording - I have lots of parents!
An awesome friend is designing them!

The invitation inspiration was from Tinyprints.com
Here was my color and invite inspiration




Wedding Cake -
Here is one I love!
A coworkers husband might make it for me... he is a chef/pastry guy.


Not sure exactly where I will get the guest cake?!


Flowers - Need to meet with more florists.

I like these pics from theknot.com They are random





I will probably mix white & yellow with greenery.

Anyone have ideas for temple dresses?
I'm fine with this one for the distribution center but it says back ordered...


And there are many other things! Feel free to share suggestions!


I'm going to be in trouble... I'm suppose to be running errands before Daniel gets off work!

Well, if you just read this you are a ROCKSTAR!

6 comments:

Trell said...

I love the Yellow and Gray and I can't wait to see your dress and I love the bridesmaid dresses!! If you had an endless amount of money i would say send me a dress and I would wear it all day on the day of your wedding here in Hawaii!! Haha Love YOU!!!

erin said...

Yay, I'm glad you posted this! Such fun stuff! Yellow and grey are so cute. Can't wait to see how everything comes together. :)

Erin said...

So happy you found your dress! The most important thing! I love all of your inspiration pics. It is going to be so beautiful. I'm so happy for you. Here is a yummy lemonade recipe for ya:
1 pound berries, fresh or frozen (strawberries, rasberries, blackberries)
1 12-ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate
4 (12-ounce) cans cold water
ice cubes
mint leaves
Directions: Puree berries in blender. Mix lemonade with water in a pitcher. Add pureed berries, blend and chill. Pour over ice and garnish with mint.

Your sista, Erin

Cherry Blossoms said...

I am so happy for you! Sounds like you are a great start and I can't wait to see your dress. Love the color combo!
Too bad I am not at work as I love wedding talk and all the planning.
Luv ya girl! heidi

lynandsky said...

Yeah, I love it! So fun to read about your adventures of wedding planning :)

Tiffany Hatch said...

White elegance has nice and not so ugly temple clothes. Dana bradshaw sells out of her home here in Gilbert.if you want cupcakes for guest I do cupcakes.